Your staff are the number one priority because if they are happy and performing at work, then this positivity and confidence will rub off on your clients and they’ll be happy too.
Here are 5 tips for build a great corporate culture, built upon my 16 years of running growth businesses including Reload Media that have great corporate culture.
- Do fun things for staff events – like touch footy teams, ten pin bowling days, play X-Box between your offices, go karting and social club activities.
- Give them their birthday off. With a free day not from their rec leave.
- Make performance reviews voluntary. If they want a 360 feedback survey, then let them have it. If they want a basic one on one feedback session, then this is fine too. Everyone is different and crafting their own appraisal is the way to go.
- Have a games room. A second hand pool table or table tennis table and a few bean bags goes a long way. And a TV to check the cricket scores!
- Shout the staff a massage each week. All you need is 15 minutes in the chair with a professional. You might be up for FBT (fringe benefits tax), but it’s well worth it in the long run in terms of staff retention and relaxation.
Putting time and effort into building your team and identifying what things will work in your business will result in a great corporate culture and continued growth.